Monday, June 28, 2010

American Apparel Kids Line

It seems I can’t go out walking by shops without running into a brand new American Apparel store. Every time I see one, I have to fight the urge to spit on their window ads (the ones that show young women posed like 14 year olds in barely there ugly cotton outfits).

Anyway, I was online and saw tons of American Apparel ads flooding my leisurely net surfing – full body lace, extreme acrobatic poses and KIDS clothing! No, I’m totally serious. I’m fucking serious. KIDS CLOTHING FROM AMERICAN APPAREL. We already know Dov Charney is a creepy, sexually harassing, egotistical douche bag hipster grandfather who uses porn to sell his ugly clothing. If you didn’t know that, now you do! Dov has now decided it’s a good idea to make little ugly hipster outfits for children! Obviously, I was concerned that the ads would be similar to the usually voyeuristic, purposely low-budget soft-core porn advertisements AA usually vomits into major cities. My concerns proved true; The children in the ads are made to look like mini-adults, put in “indie-sexual poses” or dressed to look like miniature 20 year olds who love to be consumers. I can get over the fact that these kids look like douchey hipsters, but I can’t get over the fact that they are being just as exploited as the women and men used in the ads, particularly the women. I found lots of little girls in spandex, body suits and the lame “ironic” over-sized non-prescription glasses. Little girls pretending to sleep only to be smiley coyly at the camera in the next shot while the camera looks down on her – it’s creepy and disgusting. Only Dov can get away with this type of advertising that reeks of child-pornography. I’ll post some photographs from the AA website so you can see what I am talking about.

Oh, don’t forget GIRLCOTT AMERICAN APPAREL. If you get a chance, protest in front of a store and spit on their windows!

2 comments:

  1. Kids should not be photographed in their underwear in order to sell it. All parents know their kids need new underwear constantly. That's why most other fashion retailers don't need to advertise it. Oh, and also it may violate a couple of Federal laws. I kind of knew AA was heading in this direction, but now the writing is really on the wall. Blecch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This disgusts me. Exploitation, much?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews